Treating live active termites is not easy. Best practice is leaving it to a Licensed technician that has the experience and skills to handle the situation.
WARNING: If you have found live Termites do not disturb them or spray them with anything, call us immediately 1300 552 234. If you have disturbed them quickly tape or cover over the area to avoid any further light or disturbance into the termite workings.
Termites are unpredictable and require an expert to identify the species, so rest assured we do this for you, plus we will provide you with the best method of attack. Call now to book Ph: 1300552234. A professional Termite Management Technician has a few options to choose from when protecting a property and these options are usually determined on site where we can determine the structure of the property, however the first initial part of a live termite treatment may include Termite Dusting, Termite Foaming, Direct treatment of the nest or baiting the termites.
Termite Nests - Visual Termites nests located up in trees (arboreal nests) or nests bulging out of the ground are best treated with a liquid termiticide that is injected directly into the nest, following the treatment the process of a physical destruction of the nest may also take place depending on the type of termite species found. Remember the termite nest may not be on your property even though they are attacking your home. All Termite infestations have their own specific situation so play it safe and contact us or call now 1300 552 234 to get an expert opinion from The Pest Company's licensed technicians.
Termite treatments are designed to eradicate termites from causing further damage and hopefully eradicate the colony to cease the current termite attack. Note: Termite treatments do not protect properties from further Termite ingress, they are designed to eradicate termites and achieve colony elimination. Once the treatment of live termites has been carried out options for long term protection can be provided and is always considered an essential part of the Termite Management Program.
The best method for protecting a property is by installing a full Termite Management system which may include but not limited to Termite Barriers, Termite Treated Zones, Termite Interception and Baiting systems. Remembering if you don't put in place a full system, your property remains open for further attacks.
Termites smash hardwood timbers in roof void
Termite Treatment & Management Program – What's involved!
- A visual Termite Inspection must be completed to all surrounding areas including the structure prior to any treatments.
- Once termites have been located, they must be treated with minimum disturbance. Termites must come in direct contact with the Termiticide to be a successful treatment. This section of the Termite management program is an essential part which must always be completed by a qualified and experienced termite management technician.
- Once the termites have been treated the areas are to be closed up ie Taped or covered to allow minimum disturbance to the working termites so they can go about their duties transferring the termiticide throughout the colony.
- Patience – Waiting at least 3 -4 weeks is required to give the termites time to travel back and forth from the site to the nest to help in the process of eliminating the colony (nest). Taking your time at this stage is critical in ensuring a successful eradication of the colony.
- Re inspection of the areas treated. A further invasive inspection is now required and assistance from a qualified builder is always considered an essential part of the invasive inspection. All areas treated should be opened to allow a visual inspection of all damaged areas. Why ? – 1. To check for live active termites, if found further treatments are required. 2. To determine structural damage 3. To find termite entry points.
- Once the property has been checked and assessed by a qualified and licensed builder and the live active termites are no longer visible, then a Termite Barrier/treated zone can be applied or an Interception & Baiting System.
Termite Treatments that are designed to assist best practice
Below is a Foaming Machine we use for Treating Active Termites, not only is this machine ideal for termite treatments, it comes with a protective cabinet that assists in applying the termiticide in a safe manner for our technicians and the residents.
The termite foaming machine used by The Pest Company provides us with an easier solution when applying a termiticide into a wall cavity or any timber frame as the below video showing an application through a termite damaged door jamb, pretty much a daily event at The Pest Company.
Termite Dusting - Using Termidor dust is ideal for treating areas like skirting boards & architraves where minimal disturbance is required along with areas that are only slightly damaged where it maybe difficult to apply Termidor foam or a baiting station, See more here Termidor Dust
Applying a baiting system to live termites can be tricky, however The Pest Company have years of experience and know when it is best to apply an above ground station or use other alternatives to ensure best practice. See further here on Exterra Interception and baiting system and video.
The Truth About Termites
The truth about termites Gold Coast, Brisbane Queensland and Northern NSW regions.
1. Yes, they eat hardwood and structurally damage hardwood timbers in properties, including the roof timbers, wall frames, windows and door jambs, if your home is pine frame, good luck as you'll need extra care to avoid mass damage if your home gets attacked.
2. No, termites are not "just" in the fence, stump or tree, they will continue to forage and attack your home
3. Termites search for food and moisture, Non Stop. They will keep searching for more till such time your home provides the ideal food source
4. If your home is not protected chances are you'll be a statistic 1 in 4 homes attacked
5. Steel frame homes still get attacked by termites especially door jambs, windows, skirting boards, wall lining, timber floors just to name a few.
6. Termites nesting in trees are a threat to your home, you never just leave them alone. The species of Subterranean termites building arboreal nests in trees are Microcerotermes and Nasutitermes species, they will attack your home. The most common species of subterranean termites that are destructive on the Gold Coast and in Brisbane are Coptotermes Species and Schedorhinotermes Species
7. Think you know Termites, think again, they are unpredictable
8. If your home is not protected, then it is as simple as this - Termites will travel through the soil under paths, pavers, grass and concrete out of sight and forage straight into your home, they will even travel up steel posts and concrete to gain access
9. If you want to protect your home then you have options available, seek expert advice from The Pest Company 1300 552 234