A Termite Treatment is the process of treating live active termites.
WARNING: If you have found live Termites do not disturb them or spray them, call us immediately 1300 552 234.
If you have disturbed the termites quickly tape up or cover over the area to avoid any further light or disturbance into the termite workings.
Best practice is leaving it to a Licensed expert who has the experience, tools, skills and the best Registered Termiticides to handle the situation.
Types of Treatments
A live termite treatment may include one of the following applications or even a combined application.
- Termidor Dust – Application of Termite Dust injected into the Termite Workings.
- Termite Foaming – Direct Application of a registered Foaming agent and Termiticide is injected into the Termite Workings.
- Direct treatment of the Termite Nest –
Termite nests located up in trees are called arboreal nests and Termite nests bulging out of the ground are called ground mounds and are best treated with a liquid termiticide that is injected directly into the nest. Following the Termite nest treatment, the process is to physically destroy the nest, if practical. Not all species of termite nest will be visual, some are buried into hills or behind retaining walls or inside trees unbeknown to the homeowner.
- Baiting live termites – Application of a Bait that Termites consume over a period of time to eradicate the Colony.
Termites are unpredictable and require an expert to identify the species. Call now to book Ph: 1300552234.
All Termite infestations have their own specific situation, contact us or call now 1300 552 234 to get an expert opinion from The Pest Company’s licensed technicians.
Note: Termite treatments do not protect properties from further Termite ingress, they are designed to eradicate termites and achieve colony elimination.
Once the treatment of live termites has been carried out, your licensed Termite technician will provide options for long term protection, which is always considered an essential part of the Termite Management Program.
Termites smash hardwood timbers in roof void
Termite Management Program, What’s involved!
- A visual Termite Inspection must be completed to all surrounding areas including the structure prior to any treatments.
- Once termites have been located, they must be treated with minimum disturbance. Termites must come in direct contact with the Termiticide to be a successful treatment.
- Once the termites have been treated the areas are to be closed up ie Taped or covered to allow minimum disturbance to the working termites as they can go about their duties transferring the termiticide throughout the colony.
- Waiting is critical
- Patience – Waiting at least 3 -4 weeks is required to give the termites time to travel back and forth from the site to the nest to help in the process of eliminating the colony (nest). Taking your time at this stage is critical in ensuring a successful eradication of the colony.
- Re inspection of the areas treated. A further invasive inspection is now required and assistance from a qualified builder is always considered an essential part of the invasive inspection. All areas treated should be opened to allow a visual inspection of all damaged areas. Why ? – 1. To check for live active termites, if found further treatments are required. 2. To determine structural damage 3. To find termite entry points.
- Once the property has been checked and assessed by a qualified and licensed builder and the live active termites are no longer visible, then a Termite Barrier or Termite treated zone can be applied or an Interception & Baiting System.
Termite Treatments that are designed to assist best practice
Below is the type of professional Foaming Machine we use for Treating Live Active Termites, not only is this machine ideal for termite treatments, it comes with a protective cabinet that assists in applying the termiticide in a safe manner for our technicians and the residents.
The termite foaming machine used by The Pest Company provides us with an easier solution when applying a termiticide into a wall cavities or any timber frame. The below video shows an application through a termite damaged door jamb, pretty much a daily event at The Pest Company.
Installing a baiting system to live termites can be tricky, however The Pest Company have years of experience Exterra Interception and baiting system and video.
The Truth About Termites learn more here Termites
The Pest Company currently operates in the following areas – click for contact details; or call 1300552234 for a termite treatment.