TERMITE PROTECTION EXISTING HOMES
Protecting a Home against Termites is a difficult job for any Termite Technician in the Industry. Most of all, it's not always the Termites and the ability of protecting a property, it's more dealing with the Construction methods used during the build. Houses built into hills with masses of soil built up against walls always pose a threat and so do houses constructed on a concrete slab or homes with a subfloor on bearers and joists.
Providing protection for us at The Pest Company will always be a case to case scenario. A clear indication of what system should be used and how to apply it is always done by first having a Termite Inspection completed, then we provide a Termite Management Program to provide the very best solution in termite protection. What no-one ever knows is if a termite nest is buried under the grounds of your property or a neighboring property! so protecting a property is essential.
Providing protection to any property requires experience and skill, backed by a licensed company like The Pest Company that's insured and can offer in some cases a $100,000.00 Timber Replacement Warranty. Sometimes a Termite Management Program may involve multiple systems to protect a property. All systems require annual Termite inspections and some more at risk houses requiring 3 or 6 month inspections. Rest assure we have treated and protected thousands of properties over the past 17 years in business.
Termite treatment – Treating termites with an approved chemical requires patience and skill, especially when using termite foaming or termite dusting applications. The most important step is not to disturb the termites, this helps in the treatment process. Active termites must be present to allow a treatment of "active" termites possible.
Termite Management program – What's involved!
- A visual Termite Inspection must be completed to all surrounding areas including the structure prior to any treatments.
- Once termites have been located, they must be treated with minimum disturbance as possible. The termites must come in direct contact with the chemical to be a successful treatment. This section of the management program is an essential part which must always be completed by a qualified and experienced termite management technician.
- Once the termites have been treated the areas are to be closed up ie Taped or covered to allow minimum disturbance to the working termites.
- Patience – Waiting at least 3 -4 weeks is required to give the termites time to travel back and forth from the site to the nest to help in the process of eliminating the colony (nest). Taking your time at this stage is critical in ensuring a successful eradication of the colony.
- Re inspection of the areas treated. A further invasive inspection is now required and assistance from a qualified builder is always considered an essential part of the invasive inspection. All areas treated should be opened to allow a visual inspection of all damaged areas. Why ? – 1. To check for live active termites, if found further treatments are required. 2. To determine structural damage 3. To find termite entry points.
- Once the property has been checked and assessed by a qualified and licensed builder and the live active termites are no longer visible, then a Termite Barrier/treated zone can be applied or an Interception & Baiting System.
We can protect properties from Termites, It will just depend on what product or solution is best suited for your home. Call us now on 1300 552 234