Termite Barriers: Protection for existing homes
Termites damage homes fast, The Pest Company can ensure you are in the right place when it comes to protecting your home using a Termite barrier and or Treated zone.
TPC have 18 years trading experience, many of our long term repeat customers are still using us after 17 years.
Simple Solutions in Termite Management, where we do the worrying for you!
- Effective Communication with written proposals
- Cost effective Termite Solutions
- Guaranteed Reliable, Trusted, Experienced technicians
- Latest products, Best options, Value for money
Call us now to book a Free Quote on how to protect your home from a Termite attack – Ph: 1300552234 or get a quick quote
Need more detailed technical advice, Read on or book a free onsite quote
Protecting Properties from Termites
Installing a Termite Management System to protect a property is always a case to case scenario for any Termite Technician in the Industry. Most of all, it’s not always the Termites and the ability of protecting a property, it’s more dealing with the Construction methods used during the build. A clear indication of what system should be used and how to apply it is always done by first having a Termite Inspection completed.
Rest assured we have provided termite protection to thousands of properties over the past 18 years, demonstrating we have the experience required to manage property’s from Termite ingress.
Installation of a Chemical Termite Barrier and or Treated Zone
At TPC we will provide options and explain the process prior to the treatment. TPC provide a Termite Management Proposal in accordance with the Australian Standards AS3660.2-2017 (existing buildings) and AS3660.1-2014 (new buildings & Extensions).
Not every home is the same so we offer a range of different applications. Ensuring the best Communication between TPC and the owner is an essential part of our service.
Drilling concrete areas to apply the barrier – Let’s be honest, some properties will require drilling through concrete paths, tiles and patios to apply the termiticide to the soil surrounding the property. There are many different surfaces and situations that require drilling or in some cases removal of the concrete is an option.
Termite Barriers require Soil Replacement
When Installing a Termite Chemical Barrier, some properties will require the soil to be replaced to ensure the long term benefits are gained. Product Labels dictate the life expectancy of a chemical in ideal conditions, so it is critical the soil is adequate, if not soil replacement is always best.
Licensed & Professional Termite Barrier installers will always recommend to replace the soil to obtain the best Termite Barrier installation possible.
Call today to reduce your risk 1300 552234
We have alternate options if drilling is a concern, See our Termidor HE link below or look further into a Termite Baiting Systems that are best suited to home where a chemical soil treatment is not possible –
Trelona is the latest and greatest Termite Baiting system to literally hit Australian Soil
Termite Barrier & Management Program – What’s involved!
We have the right equipment to get the job done, however it is about the people behind the installations that make all the difference.
- A visual Termite Inspection must be completed to all surrounding areas including the structure prior to any treatments.
- Once termites have been located, treatment can commence. The best known products used within the industry Termidor dust Treatment and Termidor Foaming are licensed products. Most DIY products available to the public will not transfer to the colony, resulting in an unsuccessful treatment that will lead to ongoing termite issues and mass termite damage to the property.
- Once the termites have been treated the areas are to be closed up ie Taped or covered to allow minimum disturbance to the working termites as they transfer the termiticide to each other.
- Patience – Waiting at least 3 -4 weeks is required to give the termites time to travel back and forth from the site to the nest helping in the process of eliminating the Termite colony (nest). Taking your time at this stage is critical to ensure a successful eradication.
- Re inspection of the areas treated – A further invasive inspection is now required and assistance from a qualified builder is always considered an essential part of the invasive inspection. All treated areas should be opened to allow a visual inspection of all damaged areas. Why ? – 1. To check for live active termites, as further treatments may be required. 2. To determine structural damage 3. To find termite entry points.
- Installation of the Termite Barrier – Once the property has been checked by us and a licensed builder and no more termites are found, a Termite Barrier can be applied.
We can protect properties from Termites, It will just depend on what product or solution is best suited for your home. Call us now on 1300 552 234
What does a Termite Barrier Cost
Read More on Termite Barrier Termiticides available to protect properties from Termites.
Click on the following Icons
The Pest Company currently operates in the following areas – click for contact details;
Book in your Termite Barriers today.